Sunday, March 15, 2015

The next phase

I have surpassed various significant stages to enter into this phase. A new unexplored and unexpected phase of adulthood. I am carrying a life inside my very own being. This life is a body completely separate from mine yet within me, growing, being sheltered, being loved, being provided for. This is the easiest step (pregnancy) of the whole adjustment of becoming responsible for another life, that's what I believe at least. I mean it hasn't been a walk in the park, with all the physical, emotional, mental changes that bombarded me, in what felt like a month, but rather has been taking place in the past 7 months, non-stop.
My baby is nearing the completion of the first part of his journey and myself and those that love and support me are excited and antsy to meet him.
I have finally decided on a name, Hunter. Unfortunately, I am alone in this when it. comes to his parenting, he will not have a father present. His father feels he is an accident, and regrets Hunter's existence so I have chosen to raise him on my own. I have been challenged several times by the sperm doner, regarding his rights to being Hunter's father. But as far as his fatherhood goes, he's still living like he's. 16, despite already having two offspring from a previous relationship.
I don't think I am screwed, I could have been a better judge of character but unfortunately I wasn't and I know my life is good to change forever, and I've been told it's one of the hardest things to experience, but I know my strength, and I know all of the changes in my life and priorities are going to orbit my little one.
And I am glad it's for a reason like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment