Sunday, July 22, 2012

Running on Empty

What do you do, when your soul's running on empty.
What do you say, when there's no one to hear you scream.
How do you wake up each morning, when there's nothing to look forward to each day.
How to you stop these tears from running, when all you feel is pain.

Where do you run to, when you have no where to go.
What do you reach for, when you're stuck on your knees.
How do you ask for help, when no one can look past your smile.
How do you get this to end? 

2 comments:

  1. Life is suffering, but to live is to find meaning in the suffering. We all have troubled times but yet we still find reasons to carry on living.

    Friends and loved ones are there to hear you scream, alternatively, to think you're going nuts.

    Your smile is paper thin, all one would have to do is listen to know whats inside. If no one's listening then you just carry on the way you are.

    I hope you find someone who listens.
    Sometimes to be heard is all we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be heard and understood and spoken to with that form of understanding is what I want.
    It is very demanding of me, I know, since not everyone is as aware or experiences the over-thought searching.
    I have few friends, and they are pre-occupied in their lives, while I'm always available for theirs. It's funny, I can't turn them down because I've gone too far past caring. So I'm stuck screaming to deafened ears, or mentalities that reside on "who gives a fuck".

    ReplyDelete